GROUND UNIT MEMBERS
CHRIS KODEY – UNIT LEADER
All Members not exclusively on the Base Unit are automatically on the Ground Unit.
Ground Unit members train in various methods of search proficiency to be able to respond to multiple conditions, weather, and terrain throughout the year. These methods include:
- Search methods such as line search and hasty search, and searching at night.
- First aid techniques, especially those relevant for wilderness locations.
- Downed aircraft search with Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELT)
- Navigation, with GPS and map/compass
- Radio communications
- Air support interface (helicopters, planes)
- Winter search and rescue, including cold weather travel, avalanche, hypothermia and more.
- Swiftwater search and rescue
- Crime scene preservation
Our Full Members are required to achieve the New Mexico State Field Certification for Search & Rescue in order to meet the highest terms of professionalism for search & rescue volunteers.